Unprotected gutters can provide access to your roof space for mice, rats, possums and snakes all looking for food and shelter. Pests in the roof space can cause serious damage to your property and also a multitude of health related issues.
Did you know?
- Rats will gnaw through roofing materials looking for food, including wiring which can cause electrical fires
- Rats and mice can build nests which not only increases their numbers but can result in attracting other pests like snakes who feed on them
- Some rat species are capable of producing large litters of 10 plus young every 3 weeks
- Around the world rats and mice are know to spread over 35 diseases that can infect both people and pets, including; the plague, salmonellosis, leptospirosis and tularemia
- Snakes can enter unprotected roof spaces to feed on rats and mice, although not all snakes are deadly but some are high risk to both humans and pets
- Vermin droppings can irritate allergies and asthma
- Diseases can also be transferred indirectly by ticks, fleas, and mites that live on infected mice and rats
- Damage caused by mice and rats can cost in the thousands
Gutter Knight solves this annoying yet common problem by installing a high quality gutter guard system that covers the whole guttering system preventing vermin from entering around the guttering system.